Bug?: l⌘ + r⌘ + letter is not triggered

The shortcut combination in the title triggers either l⌘ + letter or r⌘ + letter. If something is set up in BTT.

Shouldn't l⌘ + r⌘ + letter be a separate trigger?

you mean like this?

It seems to work ok here - did maybe secure input get activated by some application (click BTT menubar icon to see secure input state), With secure input enabled BTT currently can't differentiate left/right modifiers (on my TODO list to find a workaround)

No "secure input" :slightly_smiling_face:

But the error was here. I have set this up

Instead of this

This apparently means that if l⌘ and r⌘ triggers the same, it doesn't work. No problem, I just have to know :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Ah, but it might be a problem for others because it's not entirely logical in my humble opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah I see - non differentiating shortcuts are always evaluated first to prevent other issues.
I have been thinking about auto-enabling the "differentiate left/right modifiers" option, the code is now pretty stable (apart from the secure input thing) - maybe this makes sense now.

1 Like

Then leave it like that. It's all good, you just have to know it. Now you know, thanks to this conversation. :slightly_smiling_face: