Bug — clipboard manager doesn’t paste with some keyboard layouts (for instance Dvorak Qwerty)

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for Better Touch Tool, it’s really great so far!

My bug is related to a custom keyboard layout (I’m using a custom layout with a standard keyboard). On my custom keyboard layout, I put the w where the v is on an English keyboard. However, when pressing Cmd, the keyboard comes back to the English Qwerty layout. That means that I’m using the "standard"-keys for pasting, because that’s the most practical.

With this layout, BTT doesn’t paste when using the clipboard manager.

If you want to reproduce it easily, you can try the "Dvorak — QWERTY ⌘" layout. The same happens with this layout.

When using a more common layout, pasting works alright.

I’m happy to help if I can.

Have a great day!

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
see above

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro M2
  • macOS version: Ventura 13.2.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.065

Hello there,

Just wanted to give feedback that the problem is still there, even today. It doesn’t happen in two situations:

In Microsoft Word (maybe because of the Office-Optimization?).
When I tell BTT to type like on a keyboard.

I hope there will be a fix one day.

Have a great weekend!

for such a special layout you‘d need to tell BTT which keycodes to use for c and v, this can be done using these terminal commands (shile BTT is quit)

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTKeyCodeOverrideC 123

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTKeyCodeOverrideV 123

To find the keycodes, best go to the keysequences section in BTT and check which keycodes are produced when you press cmd+c/v

1 Like

Wonderful, thank you very much! It worked. By the way, in Maccy and Espanso, insertions seem to work with any keyboard layout, so there may be another way, but in the meantime, this one worked, thanks a lot!