BTT window snapping feature doesn't work on 10.15.1

Describe the bug

On Catalina 10.15.1 Window Snapping doesn't work on BTT for any window and any snapping position (top, right, left, corners etc.) but works for BTT Preference pane itself. Snapping borders don't appear and window size doesn't change on dragging window to the screen edges.

Tested on Chrome, iTerm, TextMate, Slack windows. Tried to remove BTT in Privacy / Accessibility and add again, didn't help. Privacy / Screen Recording for BTT is enabled.

Bought this version of BTT after upgrade to Catalina mostly for the window snapping feature. Really disappointed.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) (MacBookAir6,2)
  • macOS version: 10.15.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.209 (1386)

In general window snapping works fine on Catalina.

Possibly try to reset the accessibility permissions and maybe grant screen recording permissions (see https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13010 and https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13011 )

If that doesn't help, you can try to reset all Catalina BTT permissions using this terminal command: tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.plist

Possibly try to reset the accessibility permissions and maybe grant screen recording permissions (see folivora.ai - Great Tools for your Mac! and folivora.ai - Great Tools for your Mac! )

Actually have tried multiple times before report.

tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.plist

tccutil: No such bundle identifier "com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.plist": The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)

Arg sorry, it should only be
tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool
:slight_smile:

1 Like

That helped. Huge thanks for the fast response!

1 Like

This fixed broken window snapping for me in Catalina when just removing BTT from Security & Privacy and disabling BTT Screen Recording did not. Thanks!

1 Like

For anyone else having this problem and not able to solve it above, I found a second setting which overrode Window Snapping being enabled. It is in the "All Apps" settings on the right side of the screenshot below, instead of simply in the BTT settings. This took me way too long to find and I considered just replacing this tool.

I recommend adding a warning to the Window Snapping settings which indicates if it is disabled via this menu (and likewise for similar settings)

1 Like