BTT Version Expired, but am using the latest version (3.502)

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 3.24.11 PM Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 3.24.21 PM

Hi there, I am using the latest version (3.502) of BTT, but somehow it says that my version is expired. I have tried restarting my Mac to no avail.

I am using a 2020 MacBook Pro 13" running Mac OS 10.15.7.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Same here... BTT just stopped working today. Have no idea what to do. Updating to Alpha does absolutely nothing. "Enable BTT for..." function is not working.

MacOS 10.15.7
BTT: 3.502

1 Like

The same with 3.404, and app says I'm up-to-date, lol.
When I downloaded the 3.502 - the same issue after installing the update.

Please disable and remove this stupid behaviour of the application. Disabling the main function is the dumbest thing you can implement for a completely offline application. There are no reasons to stop handle my gestures locally, it worked and it MUST WORK always when this SHAREWARE app installed, regardless of the availability of updates.

Now I am using the trial version and I don’t want to pay for it anymore.

Same issue here, updating to alpha does not fix it too.
OSX Version: 10.15.7
BTT Version: 3.502

I am a trial user at the moment (having just switched back to Mac), and really interested in purchasing BTT once the trial is over.

Although I do not like the tone @aasargin had, I do agree that disabling the entire app for any reason is a bad idea. I feel this is being done with security in mind, but I am sure there might be other ways to keep everything secure while having the app work.

I am using BTT to have all my workflows in a single place. I use it alongside yabai, and preferred it over skhd, hammerspoon and (weaker) alternatives. If BTT stops working even for an hour, its a big hit for me. Please look into this.

Only trial versions have this limitation, as soon as a license is installed it will never expire!

I’ll upload a new trial build in 5 minutes!

1 Like

Yes, I figured that out from an old thread. Just on my way to purchase :slight_smile:

Trials working again now, just need to install the upgrade to 3.503!

1 Like

Thanks @Andreas_Hegenberg, updated to 3.503 it is now working again :slight_smile:

I'm really sorry for my tone, but I was really frustrated.
BTT is not online software, it is not critical banking or another secure software, it is only software to customize my UX with input devices.
And I'm very grateful @Andreas_Hegenberg for BTT, it implements that function excellent.
But I'm software developer too. I can't understand the reason for blocking main function without update. And BTT 3.502 still can't detect the updates automatically. I downloaded and installed 3.503 by myself.

BTT doesn't need any online functionality :wink: Trial versions expire from time to time even if you are online. Licensed versions don't do that.

The update check seems to work fine here though:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick help Andreas. Truly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Understand everyone else's concerns, but I also understand your point of view in making the trial version limited. It is a trial after all. Will definitely purchase a full license once the trial is up.

Cheers!

same here

Same here. I still have 23 days to test, but got this error:
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 11.35.19 AM

It is the most current version. I re-downloaded it anyway, but still get the same message.

I am having the same problem. I have a trial running, and today it started saying it's not the latest version. I downloaded the latest version, ran it, and it still says the same.

Should be fixed!

May I ask what the bug was? Just curious!