BTT uses a non-trivial amount of CPU when I am on .

Describe the bug
Whenever I hold a video chat with Google Hangouts on Chrome, BTT CPU usage increases significantly (>50% of a core).

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
n/a

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.620 (926)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Killing BTT drops the CPU usage accordingly.

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Weird, BTT doesn't interact with Hangouts by default.
How does your BTT setup look like?

Pretty simple really. I'm uploading screenshots of the two areas of keyboard shortcuts I've changed. I also have some screen snap areas, but they only activate when I'm holding the fn key.

This has happened multiple times recently, but of course when I tried to replicate it while in the office today, it worked fine. I'll try again from home tonight as that is where I'm having the issues.

Weird, what is the other action that is attached to the shift+cmd+k shortcut?

It's a shortcut to turn the highlighted text into a link. It makes no assumption about the link actually working. Great for Google Docs.

Cmnd-C -- copy selected text
Cmnd-K -- create link for selected text
Cmnd-V -- paste selected text
sleep 0.5 sec
Enter

Chrome updated, and so far I haven't been able to reproduce. Feel free to close this for now.

1 Like