BTT sometimes causing major freeze on any application switch (mouse pointer won't move, videos lock up, etc)

Describe the bug
Over the last few days I've had two occasions where switching applications (eg by clicking on the window of any other application) causes a short but significant freeze of most of the system.

Specifically, during these freezes:

• the mouse pointer locks in place
  • keyboard input is ignored
  • Activity Monitor doesn't refresh
  • a playing video will usually freeze, although the audio continues

The freezes last 5-10 seconds. After it's over, I can see tailspin coming up to the top of the CPU % chart in Activity Monitor. And I have a corresponding list of logs in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports - whatever app I try to switch to or from (not sure which) gets a *.spin log.

In total this has happened twice. The first time was four days ago, and it was a serious enough issue that I thought it might be hardware or OS related and I rebooted.

The second time, today, I isolated BTT as the cause - as soon as BTT was closed, the freezes stopped. After re-opening BTT the freezes have not re-occurred. BTT had been running for 96+ hours before the issue occurred for the second time (I never put my system to sleep), so if it's timing/leak related, it probably won't happen again for a while.

The issue only occurred when switching applications. Switching between windows of the same application (eg clicking between multiple different Firefox windows, each on a different monitor) did not trigger the issue. But it happened whenever a different app was selected in any way: clicking on its window, clicking on its menu bar icon, or closing one app such that another became focused.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

N/A

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MP 5.1
  • macOS version: High Sierra 10.13.6 B3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.525 Alpha

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
BTT and spindump logs available on request.

logs would be great. I assume this is some sort of system issue or conflict with an other app because BTT as a normal app should not be able to freeze the mouse cursor as mouse movement is done on a lower level.

Possibly related to macOS 10.13.4 Freezing with BetterTouchTool Usage

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes that sounds like exactly the same issue.

I'll go post there to keep it in one place. Thanks.