BTT keeps popping up from time to time

Hi there,

BTT keeps popping up from time to time.
There is no trigger/command activated that I know of.
The Settingspage just keeps opening up. that's it.
Happend 3-5 times a day. Little annoying.

Any idea what might be the problem here?

Thanks!

I am seeing this too on my MacBook Pro. Anyone know how to stop it??

I noticed that the setting window sometimes comes to the foreground when it is already open in the background. But not when it is closed.

Unfortunately I don't know what causes the popups while the BTT settings are closed for some users. It seems like some process tries to start BTT, but I have never figured out which one.
There is a workaround described here: Configuration window appears out of the blue - Bug Reports - BetterTouchTool Community (folivora.ai)

@Frank1 I think you issue is a bit different and can not be prevented completely with BTT's current architecture. For some actions BTT needs to be the "active" app. Thus some actions in BTT will activate the BTT process and this causes any open BTT windows to show.

Yes, it seems to happen when BTT needs to be the active (front) app, for example when opening the Stream Deck Emulator. But if the BTT setting window is closed, then it does not open. At least not for me.

Yep, (Un)fortunately this only affects some systems, which is why I believe it's caused by some external app trying to launch BTT while it is already launched. The default behavior for launching BTT while it's already running is to show the preferences, thus they keep popping up.
The terminal command provided in the other post changes the default behavior to do nothing when launching the app again.

this solved it, thanks