BTT keeps forgetting Custom Snap Areas

I love BTT, it just elevates using a Mac in every way! Last month I bought a Ultrawide and having the ability to add Custom Snap Areas is perfect for such a monitor. I can easily organise my windows on such a big screen however my heart desires!

One problem I had is that every once in a while (I'd guess approx. every two weeks) it keeps forgetting my custom snap areas. This isn't such a big deal, takes 5 minutes to program them in. However it would be great to have at least the option to export my snap areas to import them again if that ever happens again or fix the bug.

Sadly I don't have any additional info to give you on any trigger what might cause the bug.

I did check and it doesn't matter which screen configuration I have. So if I connect another monitor or disconnect one that isn't the ultrawide, my snap areas still work.
Also when I connect the ultrawide via a different connector HDMI vs DP doesn't matter, still works.

Thanks for the awesome tool and your help!
Best wishes
Leo

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012 with Nvidia 650M
  • macOS version: 10.15.4 (19E266)
  • BetterTouchTool version: BetterTouchTool 3.346
  • Monitor: Samsung SJ55W Ultrawide with 3440 x 1440

I'm having the same problem but with betterSnapTool and my Dell 49in.

Same issue here. I've had to recreate them a few times over the last few months. I'd love the ability to save/restore or import/export the custom snap areas.

2 Likes

A few other potentially relevant/related threads I came across while searching just now: