BTT in crash loop

Describe the bug
BTT is in a crash loop. It is crashing and relaunching itself repeatedly. I'm not sure how to stop it or determine what is causing this.

It started happening after I spent some time the past few day working on some Touch Bar enhancements. I worked on both widget and button style. Both shell and Applescipt. I'm guessing it is one of the widgets that is running a script ever 5 seconds to update Touch Bar values.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):BetterTouchTool_2018-09-04-094949_kashyyyk.crash (93.9 KB)

Touch Bar (I think)

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: 10.13.6 (17G65)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.609 (however, I was on beta track and it was doing it there too. I downloaded the stable yesterday trying to break out of this crash loop)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

After fiddling with things yesterday, including restarting, a round of "killall -9" commands, and replacing the beta app with the latest stable, things went back to normal. Today I did some more work on an unrelated Touch Bar AppleScript button and it worked fine for a while. Then it started crashing again. I'm unsure what triggered the crashing.

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I saw during a time BTT launched before crashing it tried to get an update, so I went to get it myself. Now I'm running BTT 2.627 and it is currently not crashing.

I think I had this version yesterday when this started (might have been the latest beta though) and am remembering now I went to get a previous stable release thinking it was the latest release causing the problem.

So, I'm not confident this will resolve the issue. Will report back if it begins again.

The crashlog is due to an issue in an older alpha of BTT.
You should download the current version here: https://bettertouchtool.net/releases/btt2.627b.zip

To get out of the crash loop you can use these terminal commands:

killall BetterTouchTool && killall BTTRelaunch

Awesome. Thanks for your help!