BTT crashes sometimes on wake up

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
BTT crashes sometimes when I wake up the macbook from sleep . The menubar icon disappears and takes a while to reappear and meanwhile all clicks and swipes are slow and laggy . In the Activity Monitor the application says not responding for a while .

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2015
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I am speculating if this might be the cause :
I have issues with my Wifi and have to restart it sometimes when I wake up my MacBook . I have a feeling that BTT is unsucessfully trying to use the internet during this time and doesn't time out . Even though I have turned off auto updates and sync, maybe it is using the internet for emergency updates .
From the few times I have tried , I haven't had a issue when the Wifi is off .