BTT/Computer freezes when internet is disabled

Describe the bug
When internet (wifi) is disabled, BTT hangs or goes blank and is laggy, and my computer stalls or shows the beach ball, sometimes for minutes at a time. Restoring internet or exiting BTT fixes the problem. Disabling large presets like GoldenChaos makes BTT/Mac less laggy when internet is disabled, but there is still some hanging. I often find myself working in places without internet, and it would be nice if I could still use BTT on my mac when not connected to internet.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook Pro

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2018 13" MacBook Pro with touch bar
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.636 (945)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
I haven't spent much time debugging this, but I assume that it is related to API calls in applescripts that require internet? Is there a way to create a global preference for BTT such that API calls are disabled when no internet is detected? I also haven't checked to see if other user presets besides GoldenChaos result in a similar loss of functionality.