Brightness widget always resets / is glitched? M1 Macbook Pro...

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
Is it normal that the brightness widget always resets itself back to 0 on the slider? I've attached a video to demonstrate the problem. I'm using a new M1 Macbook Pro.

Touchbar

Screenshots
Video link Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/5YHcH4q

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1 Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Thanks for reporting. Sounds like a bug with the new M1, I'll try to reproduce & fix it!

1 Like

I encounter a similar issue on the current build on an intel MBP:

Describe the bug
brightness widget slider often reacts slowly or not at all (resets to initial position after a couple of seconds).

Device information

• Type of Mac: Intel Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.553

Additional information
Video link Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/piogpIt

Hi, the bug is still present in the latest alpha version

1 Like

Hi there, has this been fixed or is there any steps that we need to go through if we are on M1 to resolve this?

Thanks.

Still an issue :frowning: My brightness slider keeps resetting to its default/centered position.

mhh this has been resolved a while ago I think, are you on the latest version?

Hi Andreas,

I'm on 3.741 (1883) on Monterey 12.2. I have a "brightness slider widget" on my touchbar, and it adjusts the brightness just fine, but after about 2-3 seconds the slider resets back to the middle (the brightness doesn't change, just the slider). Hope this helps!

Thanks for the fantastic program, by the way - it's been a game changer for this otherwise useless touchbar, haha.

Edit: I'm on a Macbook Pro M1, if that helps.