Brand New Battery Icon

Could you replace GoldenChaos' thick and old battery icon with Big Sur's stylish new battery icon?

@GoldenChaos

I definitely plan on implementing the updated battery icon. Additionally, I'm going to try to make it so that it picks the correct battery icon depending on your OS version! There are a few widgets that might change for Big Sur, actually, specifically the Date/Time and Notification Center widgets which I might combine. But I want these changes to only show up if you're using Big Sur, that way I don't have to fork GC.

This is one of those issues that I just need to keep thinking about how to implement it and it'll just click one morning. When I make progress I'll report back here!

2 Likes

any update?

I really like the green background.
Please, leave it on.

1 Like

I never responded to this, but to clarify - this update when it's ready will only add the new "Charge on Hold" icons. It'll be black and white with an AC Plug when on hold and green when actually charging. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is the new battery icon released yet?

The current roadmap is listed here and details when the battery icon will be worked on (it’s happening now!): GoldenChaos-BTT development updates + roadmap

2 Likes