Big Sur 11.2.1 Broke BTT

Hi all,
Newbie on the forum.

The Big Sur minor update a few days ago completely knee capped BTT.

All my shortcuts disappeared and I wasn't able to add any. I then noticed significant CPU usage and had to continually force quit BTT to the point where reboots with 'don't launch at login' didn't help so I had to uninstall BTT.

Is there something I should know? I miss my BTT!

Thanks,

Alex

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I don’t think there are any specific v11.2.1 issues I’m aware of.

Are you using the experimental Dropbox or iCloud sync? (if so try to disable that)

Thanks, turning off sync seems to have helped. I'm bummed that I lost all my shortcuts, but at least I can start again. Thanks!

There might be backups, you can try via Help -> Restore Settings From Backup“

Or are you maybe using Timemachine or some other backup system? If so you could also restore them from there.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have time machine. Can you tell me which file to restore?

Thanks!!!

Alex

You can restore the whole ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool folder (go there via Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder , make sure to include the ~

Thanks very much, Andreas. Tried that, and still no joy. Thanks so much for trying to help. I really appreciate it. I'm not going to spend any time finding them. I'll just recreate them. Thanks again!