better touch tool won't stay in login items on iMac

Each time I shut down or restart my iMac, Better Touch Tool is no longer in my login items and, therefore, is not working. I have to keep entering System Preferences, unlocking "Users & Groups,"adding Better Touch Tool, then re-locking Users & Groups! Is there any way to keep Better Touch Tool from disappearing from Login Items on Mac? I have a 2019 iMac, running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6; BTT version 3.202.
Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

You need to set the launch on startup option in the BTT preferences itself, it then synchronizes it with the login items.

Thank you SO much, Andeas! I have been searching for an answer since September, when I got my new iMac! I'm so glad that I found your blog - it's very helpful.

mgraffeo

1 Like

I know it's been a while since you've answered this question but I also have one of my own as I'm dealing with the same exact issue that OP is having. Where exactly in the preferences is the option to launch on startup? I've done a lot of digging and it's either not available in the newest version I'm using (3.553) or I'm just dumb and am completely missing it. Either way I would greatly appreciate the help! Thank You.