Auto restart BTT every 6 hours

Love using BTT all the time for the shortcuts that i have configured on my touchpad.
However, after extensive use in the day, I have realized sometimes BTT automatically stops responding to the shortcuts. However, a quick restart of BTT does the job.

To make our lives easier - can you please add an option in the settings to silently restart BTT every x hours so that we don't even have to think about restarting it?

your best best is setting up a cron job. that's what I did, basically kill BTT every hour, on the hour.

So, i do have a cron - but the issue is that the command open -a BetterTouchTool opens the GUI as well
I want it to be seamless and without any interruptions

If the assumption is that BTT still reacts, you can try this:

If you kill BTT using e.g. "killall BetterTouchTool" it will also relaunch itself

That's cool - didn't know this existed.

I will try just killall BetterTouchTool.. i see that it restarts after a few seconds

fwiw, the following crontab worked well for me
0 */3 * * * killall -q BetterTouchTool && killall -q BTTRelaunch && sleep 1 && open -ja BetterTouchTool

(mostly every thing works normally without the need to restart - just the snap to edges functionality stops working after a while)