🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

@Dom

Great! I’ll take a look at that.

@andyconlin

There's no text in it, Its a really wide, painfully aligned image. It took me about five hours to do just those buttons, but I think it was worth it. :wink: It's slightly greyed out too - kind of mimics the caps lock light.

Currently in Version 2-1-1:

Just a quick update about what i've done.

Just Implemented:

Added Whatsapp Support

Added Safari Support (Just an Extension type layout)

• Emojis
  • Shortcuts to ‘Favourites’ Grid and History
  • Restore Last Closed button
  • Safari Widgets (pretty cool little thing, work in progress. See the YouTube button on the left? It appears when youtube is up.)

Clean up Skype Layouts, add a ‘new call’ button.

Layout improvements to After Effects. It's not a mess now.

Merge TouchBar iStats into the preset - One less thing to download initially
-- Game Mode has the option to display GPU, RAM temperatures.

Planned:

Clean up Photoshop's 'Batch' Group

Small Step Brightness, Volume and Keeb Backlight with ⌥⇧ like system

Implement GC-BTT’s new dock badge launch method (supports handoff)

Check for any relevant updates in GC-BTT.

Merge @vipersonic's cool little VLC and Discord set

and any unplanned changes are welcomed too.

@Andreas_Hegenberg:
I've realised that some escape keys have gone blank since I updated. They've all been switch to Icon only?
Unchecking the box seems to fix it, but just a heads up that this is some weird stuff going on.

2 Likes

v2.2.0 released. See top post for download!

Changes:

Added Whatsapp and Discord Support

Whatsapp shown above.

**Added VLC Support from @vipersonic **

Tap the time displays on the left and right of the scrubber to skip ahead / skip back 10s
Includes playback speed control
Fullscreen button changes icon based on fullscreen state

Added Safari and Chrome Support (Just an Extension type layout)

• Emojis
  • Shortcuts to ‘Favourites’ Grid and History
  • Restore Last Closed button
  • Safari Widgets

Layout improvements to After Effects. It's not a mess now.

Merge TouchBar iStats into the preset - One less thing to download initially
-- Game Mode has the option to display GPU, RAM temperatures.

Clean up Photoshop's 'Batch' Group

Clean up Skype Layouts, add a ‘new call’ button.

Small Step Brightness, Volume and Keeb Backlight with ⌥⇧ like system
External Display Brightness using ⌃⇧
External Display Brightness Small Step using ⌃⌥⇧

Implement GC-BTT’s new notification badge launch method (supports handoff)

Thanks to @vipersonic's cool little VLC and Discord set for VLC and Discord!

1 Like

Hello @yuuiko! I've tested this update for an hour about and I noticed few things:

1. Play/Pause still didn't work but I fixed it!! In every playbutton of your preset I changed the code with this one (which I found in one of the previous golden chaos releases)
View Code

tell application "iTunes"

if player state is playing then return "pause"

if player state is not playing then return "play"

end tell

else if application "Spotify" is running then

tell application "Spotify"

if player state is playing then return "pause"

if player state is not playing then return "play"

end tell

-- Disabled for now because it keeps launching VLC

-- else if application "VLC" is running then

-- try

-- tell application "VLC"

-- if playing then

-- return "pause"

-- else

-- return "play"

-- end if

-- end tell

-- end try

-- Disabled for now because the play/pause button doesn't control QT by default

-- else if application "QuickTime Player" is running then

-- tell application "QuickTime Player"

-- if document 1 is playing then

-- return "pause"

-- else

-- return "play"

-- end if

-- end tell

else if application "Safari" is running then

tell application "Safari"

repeat with t in tabs of windows

tell t

if URL starts with "http://www.youtube.com/watch" or URL starts with "https://www.youtube.com/watch" then

return " "

end if

end tell

end repeat

end tell

else if application "Google Chrome" is running then

tell application "Google Chrome"

repeat with t in tabs of windows

tell t

if URL starts with "http://www.youtube.com/watch" or URL starts with "https://www.youtube.com/watch" then

return " "

end if

end tell

end repeat

end tell

else

return ""

end if
[/details]if application "iTunes" is running then

I don't know if I copied/pasted in the right way so you can check it from here Aqua-Touch_v2-2-0_Dom.bttpreset (12.8 MB)

1. After Effects play esc button was blank, but coping and pasting it from Photoshop to After Effects it was fixed (you see my file above here)

2. Everything else works like a charm :smiley::raised_hands:

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Edit: it seems like something is draining a lot of battery ... Could you control please?

Edit:2 Vlc now starts automatically in a random way and if i close it, it starts again

1 Like

Thanks again for feedback! I’ll come back with a detailed reply once i look into things..

1 Like

@Dom

I've looked into some of the issues.

1. Play buttons - Not a valid solution

This is no longer in use within @GoldenChaos - BTT as it targets specific apps. It now gets it's information from BTT's 'Now Playing' variables that tell if ANY app is using now playing (the system's media key handler.) Mine is supposed to do the same but it's not working well apparantly.

A weird thing about this is that when I switch to GC-BTT and load his play button, then switch back to mine, my buttons somehow get a kick and work properly for a period of time. I suppose I'll review the code then. Your suggestion may work but is limited to the stated apps. Someone running a different player like IINA (which is not AppleScriptable) or Safari will get stuck button.

P.S. Could you please collapse the code into a collapsible box by:

[details="View Code"]
The code
[/details]

Thanks! Keeps it nicer :grin:

1. AE escape buttons - Fixed

I've fixed up AE esc buttons. Thanks for the pickup!

1. Second Post - The problem may be with your edits

I haven't seen much battery drain on my side. What app is open when this happens? and is this occuring on your edited preset (with your play buttons) or my preset?

I suspect it's your play button implementation which scans per-app...

I've just modified the fullscreen button to only 'ask for details' when VLC is open, but I havent had any 'VLC opening randomly' issues on my side. Could it be that you missed disabling VLC sensing for your play/pause button somewhere?

Here, I suspect it's your implementation of the Play/Pause buttons. This implementation is pretty 'incompatible' and causes a lot of problems😉

1. Safari 'issue' you edited out but I caught - It's Normal behaviour

This is how 'extension' type layouts work - You are encouraged to use the app's native set as it is comprehensive enough to work well. Launching BTT will simply display a set of 'extras' that they might have missed, and as these aren't meant to be used as the main set they close automatically.

@Andreas_Hegenberg, I'm seeing an issue where when an app's 'Touch Bar Behaviour' is set to 'Show Default App Bar', the control strip sometimes remains when the BTT bar is opened. Could you take a look?

You can see here, my layout is designed so that the control strip and system X on the left should be hidden and replaced by my replica within BTT, however the system buttons show up anyway so the view get's jumbled.

Bug reported at: App Specific TouchBar 'Show Default App Bar' issue with macOS Control Strip .

1 Like

@yuuiko

1. Thank you so much for your explanation, I'm really a noob and I didn't know anything about it :sweat_smile:... Thanks!

2. I encountered all this battery drain using my edited preset so yeah, maybe you're right

Now i'm going to test it again and I'll say you later! Thanks for you hard work man :upside_down_face:

1 Like

New Bugfix Update!

Recently added in Version 2.2.1

'VLC Reopening' bugfix (i hope).

Added more "If VLC is open" statements to the code to prevent VLC scripts from opening VLC unintentionally.

Play Button Stability Improvements

Nothing much actually changed... I just reimported from GC-BTT and then put my modifications back in, but it seems to work better now.

Blank escape buttons in AfterEffects Fixed

Yep. It's fixed.

* Results may vary. Please comment and let me know if they do!

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16wJ_VKVshT_-Bb6cIDptFgIvISwpEMl5

Maybe I'm the only one, but play/pause button doesn't work :\ ...

P.S. Battery drain disappears after I've tried your original version and vlc problem too (with 2.2.1 version)!!

1 Like

Your’e saying these right?

Problems:
Play/Pause buttons

Fixed:
Battery Drain
VLC Wars

I didn’t change any code in the play/pause, just a variable name and some “enters”. I really don’t know why it’s just not working. It seems like it can’t find the BTT variables?

If you know how to applescript could you also try to return one/both of the BTT variables? I usually get a missing value...:thinking:

1 Like

Exactly!

(Have you tried to ask to other developers in this forum how they fix this bug in their preset? It's so strange this "stupid" bug is causing all this problem :confused: ...)

1 Like

Help Asked:

@yuuiko I noticed in ver. 2.2.1 there's a little blank space on the right (only when you're on "blue btt button" :thinking: ..)

1 Like

This is the notification spacer that seems to have gone misplaced...

BTT doesn’t handle conditional activation groups aligned to the right securely. I guess i’ll change how it works though.

@Andreas_Hegenberg:
How’s Conditional Activation Groups - Adding instead of replacing going?

help requested:

https://community.folivora.ai/t/play-button-troubles/4266/10

@Andreas_Hegenberg has recieved the request for help and is supposedly making a new 'Dynamic Play Button Widget' that will replace all current buttons once it comes.

Not much changes recently.

Added PhotoBooth:

Added Emoji picker to Stickies. (the additional button makes it a bit cramped. Need to refine)

I'm experimenting the way that the FakeControlStrip is handled. My version of AQT is quite a mess right now. I'm also focusing more on osu! Skinning as that's on high demand.

1 Like

I'm working on a new version of AQT, one that's more static like GoldenChaos, but still allows for app-specific controls if you want.

It works quite well, but I need to work on merging all the apps from AQT into this one.

Screenshots:

The control strip has turned into four persistent buttons. These switch the mode:

• Media Mode: Contains media widgets and buttons
  • Schedule Mode: Check the date/time, weather and your upcoming events.
  • Control Mode: System controls and connectivity
  • Apps Mode: Open Applications and Quick Launcher

The new escape key also looks great! It looks bugged here, but on the actual touchbar, it's balanced with the touchbar's left bezel which creates a nice little looking escape key. I don't have my camera on my right now so i'll edit in a picture soon. It makes the left side of the touch bar look bezelless which is cool

1 Like

Woah I'm very excited to try it soon!!

(Hope it will maintains its organized structure because it's the main power of your preset :upside_down_face:)

1 Like

yes, it DEFINITLEY will. (ugh, mess) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Come help test AquaTouch v3!

AquaTouch-v3_Test.bttpreset (20.4 MB)

This is a work in progress, There are MANY rough edges.

The help window has not been updated to the new control strip, so here's the tips:

Together, the four icons displayed on the right side is called the control strip. It consists of four buttons and can be tapped to open a specific view:

Play - Tap to open Media Control Mode - Now Playing apps will stack and appear here. Control your media playback from here.

Calendar - Tap to open Schedule Mode - see upcoming events and reminders, as well as the date, time and weather.

Switches - Tap to open system controls and toggles. The connectivity palette is also here.

Apps - Tap to reveal currently open apps on the left side, and quickly launch apps on the right side.

Additionally, you can hold most of the control strip icons to do an action.
Play - Play/Pause currently playing media without opening any UI

Calendar - Open Notification Center

Switches - Nothing, at the moment. (any suggestions?)

Apps - Close the BTT / AQT touchbar, reveal system touch bar.

I hope this version is usable and of decent quality. I'm aware of many bugs, but if you encounter any then please mention so!

@Dom might be interested.

I'm waited this moment for a while :heart_eyes:

Let me say what I discovered in few minutes man!

Is it normal Esc button animation is cutted when you press it?

2)

On my desktop BTT is disabled by default and I've this showed

1. Althought I removed old Aqua releases, on Safari I still have old play green button

This evening I'll wipe my mac to update it to mojave, so I'll try your preset again!!

P.S. Thank you so much for your hard work @yuuiko If I'm using touchbar after a while is only thank to you :slight_smile:

1 Like