πŸ†• [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

@kalmdown It's just not added to the exception list for unsupported apps. If you right click unsupported apps then go into edit conditional activation group. from there you just need to add blender with a small "b" to that list or change the current one.

Ah, you've added another blender with a small b.

Yes, as Luas_McDonald mentioned, for every app you add you need to exclude it from the unsupported apps.

I'm having trouble with screenshot uploads, so in the mean time here are worded instructions:

1. right click on the 'unsupported apps' group.
  2. select Edit Conditional Activation Group
  3. Add the appname 'blender' to that list.

Aqua-Touch b3.0.1

Here we are with another update! I've just been tweaking around whenever an idea popped into my head and I don't remember all of them, but here are all the changes I could remember.

Download at the first post!

NOTE: You must be familiar with Aqua-Touch before you use this. The setup process is still not updated fully to help you through setup, so you should use v2 for a while if you haven't used it before.

Caprine for Messenger Support

Atom IDE Now Supported.

Intuitive PasteCells let you quickly keep and insert text.
Known issue: sometimes very laggy and unresponsive

I think I added Telegram Support

Simple, Simple implementation of preferences allow you to change:

• CS hold Actions
  • Haptic Feedback Styles
    (Head to the 'Other' section of triggers to set their actions)

Safari Widgets - Touch Bar for Websites!
If one of the supported sites are open, you'll see an extra button in the safari touch bar.

Right click the green window button to bring up window snapping
Thanks to @panda's "Visual Window Snapping" preset edited by @Jerosh!
You've been quoted within the code. Permission pending though, so it may be removed if upon request.

Control Strip Buttons Highlight on activity

Hide Desktop Icons toggle added to Controls view

β€”β€”

• OneNote Widgets now applied in format group
  • Stickies Mojave Fix for British English
  • PhotoBooth Layout Changes (more compatible)
  • General Fixes that I don't keep track of
  • Further cleanup of old AQT remnants

* You may see some work-in-progress things here and there.
* Help windows have not been updated for the new features of AQT3. You might be left confused about some features with no tips.

1 Like

(@Dom)
The changelog didn't seem exciting enough so I added a heap of images just then.

No version update, just a more hyped up changelog. I also added a few points but again it's just to the changelog and they are already in AQT b3.0.1

@kalmdown, I've just looked through your screenshots (sorry, missed them) and they oddly seem set properly.
I do however observe that it's all purple. Try heading to the preset pallete and setting AQT as the master preset!

1 Like

Hei man! How are you? I've tested AT b3.0.1 from yesterday and here it's what i've discovered!

1. play button and calendar button colors in the right control strip seem to don't work even if I was listening music or if I had calendar appointments

1. Maybe I'm the only one but unfortunately I didn't understand how to change Haptic feedback in the "other" section menu (maybe a little tutorial when you install the preset would be nice)

2. The new safari widget are amazing and I think they're really intuitive (I love youtube widget for example because now you have everything you need to control videos! :smiley:)

3. windows snapping works like a charm (no problem at all)

It's been 1-2 months about since I'm using Aqua touch 3 and for the first time my touchbar it's really useful. At the moment I think the best thing you could do it's to make it more stable because it has everything you need to use your mac at the best you can. Maybe could you add more app support, more safari widget support ... But yeah, these are other stuff to add after that it's so stable to be used from everyone. Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your feedback @Dom!

I really enjoy your help and feedback!

1. This needs to be enabled first. Did you notice the new button? :wink:

2. Yes, I haven't touched up the installation/help windows to reflect the many new features. This is a focus moving forward. In the meantime, here's how:

It may look overwhelming but it's basically:
    - click 'Other' tab
    - Select thing to change
    - Click that gear or change the 'Predefined Action'

3. Yay! Are they stable enough? Also do note that I think I missed the download button for the youtube Safari Widget, i'll need to touch it up.
    The main things I want to ask about are about these safari widgets.
    β€’ Are they working stable enough?
    β€’ Any Bugs?
    β€’ Do they need icon reworks or layout improvements?
    β€’ Are they confusing to use in general?

4. Sounds good. I merged it from @panda's Visual Window Snapping preset which was modified by @Jerosh. Permission is yet to be granted, so it may be removed upon request. (ah right, I should add them into the changelog)
    I also plan to improve it a bit more (e.g. include a 'restore old size' somewhere) but that's a low priority at the moment.

Priority for b3.0.2 would probably be:
β€’ Stability improvements,
β€’ continue removing old AQT elements
β€’ working on the preferences

Yay! Thanks for the help, now point 1) and 2) work flawlessly too :smiley:

1. No problem at all here; I don't find any problem or strange bug. They work as it should be.

In b3.0.2 you can improve a little bit finder app interface: there's only "new file", and you can also add "new folder"!!

At the moment the worst annoying bug it's when your preset sometimes disappears but we already know it's a BTT app problem :\ ...

Soundd great, but whoa, disappears??

I’ve never heard that bug before... Could you explain it a bit more?

What is going on here? In Outlook and AquaTouch has two close buttons and no Outlook buttons.

@kalmdown,
What’s happening here is a known issue - the macOS control strip is showing while AQT is open. The issue has been reported, you can read more about it here:

@Andreas_Hegenberg, this bug is happening very often... I’d really appreciate the suggested fix over at the bug report!

Additionally, outlook isn’t supported by AQT. Reasons:

• I don’t use local email clients, or outlook much
  • I think outlook has a native touchbar set already?

Does it have a native touchbar set? If not I can consider supporting it for you, just let me know

Oopsie I've missed your reply! .. Yeah, it happens when you open an application with default touchbar preset like "preview app". When you open it and then close it, touchbar seems to be blocked on default preset and Aqua doesn't come back until you restart BTT app.

P.S. I don't know if I've been a little more exhaustive but if you need I can reproduce this bug and record it! ..

Yeah that would be helpful. I can't seem to reproduce the issue

(I am on v3.0.2 though)

Just got usage permission for the Visual Window Snapping function! It'll be here to stay now.

I'l look into adding:

• Restore Old window Position / Centre window position (depending on which works better)
    - A button in the middle of the pallete

• Move Left a display
    - A button that pops out the left of the widget on mouseover

• Move Right a display
    - A button that pops out to the right of the widget on mouseover

Just came across this and this looks amazing. Great work!

I can't seem to get QuickMenu to appear though if I'm on the desktop or in finder. Any ideas? (3.01)

Thanks!

Hi Serenity,

in v3.0.1 the quick menu has been transformed and merged entirely into the Control Strip.

The informational windows in 3.0.1 haven't been updated and are referencing v2. I'm getting an update ready that will fix this, hopefully I can release that soon. Thanks~

I'm sorry for the late reply but I would test B.3.0.1 a little more!

1. I noticed that strange bug disappaers after I deleted every preset or old Aqua release I've installed, so maybe it was simply an incompatibility problem ...

2. When I open a pdf file with preview app the preset seems bugged

3. In whatsapp app too (maybe it happens because they need to be clean up from previous Aqua 2.0 blobs

4)

In safari sometimes AT preset doesn't appear by default and I need to open it (and it appears near to default apple preset)

1. Well that was weird. Hopefully it doesn't come up again

2. This just seems to be that old bug where the macOS control strip shows up where it's not meant to. I've heard a fix is coming soon.

1. WhatsApp is definitely an AQT bug. I'll look in to that one. Additionally, what is the name (case sensitive) of the WhatsApp you're using? (the dock icon name) EDIT: i've fixed the issue. update is coming soon with all the other latest improvements i've been working on.

2. Safari is designed to automatically close for most websites, so you can use it's native TouchBar set. If an SFWidget is supported, it will open and show the widget. Does the behaviour you observe roughly match this design?

3 07 (I've downloaded it from App Store)

1. In my opinion your Safari custom preset (with the new Safari widget) is moooore intuitive and useful than the native touch bar and I really think a lot of us never use it. So I think that would be great if your preset is always active on Safari (maybe adding in the future some new widget :smiley:)

P.S. I know you want to let users to use your preset combined with default touchbar but release after release your preset is becoming really complete with tons and tons of app supported, so I think more and more users never will close your preset to use the default ahah

Good point, Thanks for your reply!

If that's the case then maybe i'll consider copying apple's safari implementation / redoing it completely before I change it from an 'extension' set to a 'full' set. I still use safari's native set quite a lot. (the text completing, tab display, bookmarks display, media scrubber, etc.) I'll need to think about that one.

In the meantime, if you right click on safari you can easily change it's behaviour:

(that's a sneaky teaser for you right there too, if you look around)

1 Like

Just posted a new feature request, vote up to get it to happen!

example

(is that SoundCloud I see?)