🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

That sounds great!

Safari: This is a known issue with apps set to hide BTT bar and show macOS touchbar. The BTT bar may not always close automatically. @Andreas_Hegenberg

Fantastical: This is a popular app so i might get it and see what it's all about!

Little snitch: I'm not sure which function you're referring to.. Could you specify and rephrase?

Thanks for the feedback!! appreciate it a lot. Great feedback about the post too, I'll see what i can do. Unfortunatley I can't really post the voting/rating within AQT, it maybe posibble if I ask for a subforum like GoldenChaos's but otherwise I'm not sure with it being up there.

I also plan to make the post much more visual but visuals take aaages to make so it's not up yet. Been planned for a long time though

Thanks for all your feedback! I really appreciate stuff like this.

(Wow! Thanks for the donation too! I think I'm a bit young for beer though :wink: )

I took the liberty of make all the same two sliders on the page unsupport apps, well, here it is convenient for anyone, it seems to me not to use gestures in all cases

Hi @ErmakOFF1990ya,

It looks great, but from my viewpoint I want to kind of force people to get used to the gestures to keep it consistent with the other app sets. It’ll be confusing to the general people to see sliders pop out then make them wonder how they got there.
The gesture line also represents ‘not supported but gestures still available’ quite well and cleanly too.
Additionally with sliders, you can accidently touch them and then the volume might explode in your ears, while the brightness could burn your eyes in the dark. You need to look at the slider to see the points of reference, whereas with gestures, you can have a feel for it without looking since the start of where you slide is the point of reference.

For these reasons I won’t add this, but i’ve got to say that it’s well done! Sorry if that was harsh.

This looks absolutely awesome... if I could get it to work.

I'm new to this whole touchbar hacking stuff. Any resources for beginners? I'm not a dev, but a designer. Would love a guide on how to get all this working.

Thanks guys!

It’s quite simple, @pedrow:

1. download BTT if you haven’t already. It comes with a free trial

2. Download my AQT preset from the first post above

3. open up the downloaded file to install it, then follow my setup instructions! (open BTT and tap instructions in the touchbar)

If you’re having any didficulty or would like to see something added or refined, let me know!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new version is still delayed a bit more, I'll be focusing on my new school year and on top of that I've had a heap of data loss with AQT.

I'm having a bit more obstacles with restoring lost data / getting my BTT setup again, but here's the changelog as of now. From what I know from a light checking, all these changes are restored. (I add to my changelog as soon as Implement it so I can tell what's missing when I compare it to the preset. So far nothing seems out of place)

I also lost my license too soo I'm not sure if I could get it back. I guess I should save up for a new one, I don't have much money myself:/

Changelog b3.3.2 (coming sometime)

NEW FEATURES

Outlook Support

Google Chrome

• Added new toggles:
    Jump to Search Bar,
    Developer Tools,
    Clear Browsing Data
    (swipe the middle buttons to access)

Planned to come soon

• Google Mail safari widget
  • Time Scrubber for iTunes and Spotify (and other apps that can support this maybe)
  • Preview Full Set (may not come based on experimentation)
  • Slack
  • Zoom.us
  • More Finder Tools
  • Neater Control Strip layouts (need to experiment, I'm not sure what else I could actually minimise
  • Per-app/view settings (I think hold option to set settings e.g. disable certain now playing widgets / pick and choose what to have in control mode)

QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS

All old AQT control strips should now be updated to the new one. (keeps breaking right now)

(remember the one with the green BTT icon, replicated expanded control strip and play button?)

Thanks to Andreas for the loong awaited new feature that let me add to all groups automatically!

If you see an old AQT control strip hiding somewhere, or a new AQT control strip somewhere it’s not meant to be, please let me know where it is!

The features used to make this happen are very experimental and may break, resulting in annoyance at your end if it does. Please report any issues with the control strip as this makes it easier for me and @andreasHegenberg to debug.

Escape keys should now be fixed
they should update to your preference now.

Window snapping keyboard shortcut, and improved look

Play Button Highlighting

• Should now more stably show for global non-iTunes apps. I needed a now playing widget in there for it to work properly, so I added an invisible one.

GameMode
time widget should use system time now

Auto Setup
notifications improved

Do you still have the license e-mail? You can just activate it again.

The preset switching issue will be fixed at some point after the new UI is out, it's a very niche issue but kind of complicated, thus I'm currently not focusing on it :slight_smile:, sorry!

1 Like

Whew! got my license back! thankfully I didn't delete that mail.

Thanks so much!!

Made a quick 1Keyboard widget :\

Starting to look a bit chaotic there though....
It does hide when 1Keyboard is inactive but I need to experiment with it's dseign further. It was just a quick thing for myself for now.

Is it possible to edit the event1 to show not an event that is currently going on, but always the real 'next' event. Not the one that is happening right now'?

Does event 2 work as you expect? If so it may be possible to shift all of them forward one event to get your desired effect?

During work, I check my upcomming task/event almost every 15 minutes. Therefore, I would like to place a "next event text widget" on my global bar.

Concept:
It is 12:15
Event A 11:45 to 12:30
Event B 12:45 to 13:30
Event C 13:45 to 14:30
Problem: The event 1 button: event A is showed because it is currently happening. However, I only want to display the 'next' event (B).

Your solution (event 2) work only in some cases.
If it is 12:15, it displays event B (YES! :D)
If it is 12:35, it displays event C (because it goes 1 event further).

So to conclude, I want to display the first upcoming event that has a later start time than the current time. Hope this example makes it clear ^^

So, If no events are happening it will skip the next event because it’s based on the second upcoming event?

I’ll see what I can do, but this one is one of the harder ones to solve. Thanks for the suggestion!

As for implementation, I think I’ll change the outside script (the one you press to get to the ten events) to this but keep the ten events the same.

Widget Behaviour: Next Event Sheduled
Inside Wgt 1: Closest Event to Now
Inside Wgt 2: 2nd closest event to Now
Inside Wgt 3: etc...

Yep that's correct! It is indeed harder to solve :frowning:

That could be a good solution. Or maybe a widget that compares the current time/date with the start time of a calender event. If the startering time/date is earlier than the current one, skip one event.

1 Like

Hi All, Just a quick update here cuz i'm excited...

@ErmakOFF1990ya, @GoldenChaos, @Ikzy, @Dom

iTunes Widget - New Features

1st: Refined Layout for the main section:

2nd: Tapping the song name brings you to the time scrubber.
You can also tap the left and right time numbers to skip forward/back 15s

3rd: You may notice a new volume widget to the left, tap to adjust the iTunes' App Volume

4th: All this group switching makes getting back out to the app controls a bit hard, as you need to close so many groups. Therefore you can hold any close button to quickly close the whole CS and get back to the app controls.

Thanks a heap to @ErmakOFF1990ya for the scripts, which i've neatened up! Original Post Here:

@Ikzy, blue is back :wink:

2 Likes

yyuuiko very cool, thanks
there is a small problem, perhaps when run one of the scripts, when exit itunes, it starts up again.
I hope you could fix it

Just took a look, and the issue does occur to me as well. Thanks for the pickup!

You seemed to have missed a:
if application "iTunes" is running
on your volume scripts, so I've inserted that just then. It's still re-opening itself though so I'll need to look at it a bit more, then i'll come back with an edit.

EDIT:
Seems l just missed patching up one script. Seems to be quitting stably now!

Can I translate this preset? Is that posible?

@SolidRhino
Sure, I guess..

I'll give you a Private Message as there would be a few things to sort out if you want to do that! Take a look into your inbox.

Edit: Your profile is hidden, so I can't mail you. Would you mind opening that up? or would you rather continue this here (or on a new thread?)

I have unhidden my profile. So you can send me a pm.

1 Like