🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Hei man! How are you? I've tested AT b3.0.1 from yesterday and here it's what i've discovered!

1. play button and calendar button colors in the right control strip seem to don't work even if I was listening music or if I had calendar appointments

1. Maybe I'm the only one but unfortunately I didn't understand how to change Haptic feedback in the "other" section menu (maybe a little tutorial when you install the preset would be nice)

2. The new safari widget are amazing and I think they're really intuitive (I love youtube widget for example because now you have everything you need to control videos! :smiley:)

3. windows snapping works like a charm (no problem at all)

It's been 1-2 months about since I'm using Aqua touch 3 and for the first time my touchbar it's really useful. At the moment I think the best thing you could do it's to make it more stable because it has everything you need to use your mac at the best you can. Maybe could you add more app support, more safari widget support ... But yeah, these are other stuff to add after that it's so stable to be used from everyone. Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your feedback @Dom!

I really enjoy your help and feedback!

1. This needs to be enabled first. Did you notice the new button? :wink:

2. Yes, I haven't touched up the installation/help windows to reflect the many new features. This is a focus moving forward. In the meantime, here's how:

It may look overwhelming but it's basically:
    - click 'Other' tab
    - Select thing to change
    - Click that gear or change the 'Predefined Action'

3. Yay! Are they stable enough? Also do note that I think I missed the download button for the youtube Safari Widget, i'll need to touch it up.
    The main things I want to ask about are about these safari widgets.
    • Are they working stable enough?
    • Any Bugs?
    • Do they need icon reworks or layout improvements?
    • Are they confusing to use in general?

4. Sounds good. I merged it from @panda's Visual Window Snapping preset which was modified by @Jerosh. Permission is yet to be granted, so it may be removed upon request. (ah right, I should add them into the changelog)
    I also plan to improve it a bit more (e.g. include a 'restore old size' somewhere) but that's a low priority at the moment.

Priority for b3.0.2 would probably be:
• Stability improvements,
• continue removing old AQT elements
• working on the preferences

Yay! Thanks for the help, now point 1) and 2) work flawlessly too :smiley:

1. No problem at all here; I don't find any problem or strange bug. They work as it should be.

In b3.0.2 you can improve a little bit finder app interface: there's only "new file", and you can also add "new folder"!!

At the moment the worst annoying bug it's when your preset sometimes disappears but we already know it's a BTT app problem :\ ...

Soundd great, but whoa, disappears??

I’ve never heard that bug before... Could you explain it a bit more?

What is going on here? In Outlook and AquaTouch has two close buttons and no Outlook buttons.

@kalmdown,
What’s happening here is a known issue - the macOS control strip is showing while AQT is open. The issue has been reported, you can read more about it here:

@Andreas_Hegenberg, this bug is happening very often... I’d really appreciate the suggested fix over at the bug report!

Additionally, outlook isn’t supported by AQT. Reasons:

• I don’t use local email clients, or outlook much
  • I think outlook has a native touchbar set already?

Does it have a native touchbar set? If not I can consider supporting it for you, just let me know

Oopsie I've missed your reply! .. Yeah, it happens when you open an application with default touchbar preset like "preview app". When you open it and then close it, touchbar seems to be blocked on default preset and Aqua doesn't come back until you restart BTT app.

P.S. I don't know if I've been a little more exhaustive but if you need I can reproduce this bug and record it! ..

Yeah that would be helpful. I can't seem to reproduce the issue

(I am on v3.0.2 though)

Just got usage permission for the Visual Window Snapping function! It'll be here to stay now.

I'l look into adding:

• Restore Old window Position / Centre window position (depending on which works better)
    - A button in the middle of the pallete

• Move Left a display
    - A button that pops out the left of the widget on mouseover

• Move Right a display
    - A button that pops out to the right of the widget on mouseover

Just came across this and this looks amazing. Great work!

I can't seem to get QuickMenu to appear though if I'm on the desktop or in finder. Any ideas? (3.01)

Thanks!

Hi Serenity,

in v3.0.1 the quick menu has been transformed and merged entirely into the Control Strip.

The informational windows in 3.0.1 haven't been updated and are referencing v2. I'm getting an update ready that will fix this, hopefully I can release that soon. Thanks~

I'm sorry for the late reply but I would test B.3.0.1 a little more!

1. I noticed that strange bug disappaers after I deleted every preset or old Aqua release I've installed, so maybe it was simply an incompatibility problem ...

2. When I open a pdf file with preview app the preset seems bugged

3. In whatsapp app too (maybe it happens because they need to be clean up from previous Aqua 2.0 blobs

4)

In safari sometimes AT preset doesn't appear by default and I need to open it (and it appears near to default apple preset)

1. Well that was weird. Hopefully it doesn't come up again

2. This just seems to be that old bug where the macOS control strip shows up where it's not meant to. I've heard a fix is coming soon.

1. WhatsApp is definitely an AQT bug. I'll look in to that one. Additionally, what is the name (case sensitive) of the WhatsApp you're using? (the dock icon name) EDIT: i've fixed the issue. update is coming soon with all the other latest improvements i've been working on.

2. Safari is designed to automatically close for most websites, so you can use it's native TouchBar set. If an SFWidget is supported, it will open and show the widget. Does the behaviour you observe roughly match this design?

3 07 (I've downloaded it from App Store)

1. In my opinion your Safari custom preset (with the new Safari widget) is moooore intuitive and useful than the native touch bar and I really think a lot of us never use it. So I think that would be great if your preset is always active on Safari (maybe adding in the future some new widget :smiley:)

P.S. I know you want to let users to use your preset combined with default touchbar but release after release your preset is becoming really complete with tons and tons of app supported, so I think more and more users never will close your preset to use the default ahah

Good point, Thanks for your reply!

If that's the case then maybe i'll consider copying apple's safari implementation / redoing it completely before I change it from an 'extension' set to a 'full' set. I still use safari's native set quite a lot. (the text completing, tab display, bookmarks display, media scrubber, etc.) I'll need to think about that one.

In the meantime, if you right click on safari you can easily change it's behaviour:

(that's a sneaky teaser for you right there too, if you look around)

1 Like

Just posted a new feature request, vote up to get it to happen!

example

(is that SoundCloud I see?)

Keep Striving ON - AquaTouch b3.0.2!

Download this update in the top post!

Edited the Help Windows

• Information about the operation of AQT3’s new functionality has been added.

Edit: Just noticed that that SF widget support list has Facebook and Soundcloud missing. Next update :wink:

New Safari Widgets

• Facebook (sometimes doesn’t work well, it’s Facebook’s fault)
  • SoundCloud - Playback Controls, Like, Repost
  • (Reddit Safari Widget was trailed, but counterintuitive and didn’t work well so it won’t be added.)

Opera Support (extension set)

• Just copying over from Google Chrome

Firefox Support

• Tab/Navigation controls by @onaforeignshore! (he sent me a PM full of cool new changes. Looking into them for AQT b3.0.3.

New SETTINGS: (it's a big deal)

• Toggle Haptics on/off
  • Toggle Control Strip Highlighting on/off
  • Toggle the Calendar Highlighting Behaviour (take your pick - highlight for calendar events, reminder tasks or for both)
  • Toggle the Escape Key Style
  • Refined look of the preferences set. (well, not sure about this one. I tried to go for a rainbow look but yeeeeehhh~)

"Attention to Detail" Changes

• Control Strip Highlighting now applies while CS is open.
  • Added more Finder Quick Actions (it’s an extension set - so it will encourage you to use the native Finder TouchBar.
  • New ‘Haptics’ toggle in the Control view to easily disable gesture Haptics when you’re in a quiet area.
  • Haptics when using window snapping

Bug Fixes

• Whatsapp set clashed with gesture bar - fixed
  • YouTube Safari Widget download button didn't work - fixed
  • Some Google Docs triggers didn't work - fixed

General Aesthetic Refinements (Alignment/Icon touchups)

• AQT Settings
  • Google Drive SF Widget (Icon Reworks)
  • YouTube SF Widget (Icon Reworks)
  • AQT BTT Backend (AQT’s mechanics in the BTT window)
  • safari widgets are now visually grouped
  • neatening up of trigger list in the other tab
  • neatening up of touchbar trigger lists for some apps

Important Installation Note:
After installing AWT b3.0.2, please:
tap the setup instructions button, then
tap EVERY option in the settings on and off.
This will set various variables required to ensure the new scripted triggers work properly.
I'm working on a smoother update experience, so hang on for that.

Important Usage Note:
The implementation of the settings and conversion of many triggers into applescript widgets may increase processor stress, lag and battery drain. This is a beta and i'll need feedback about this to ensure that it's tamed enough for the full release.

@Dom may be interested

Next?

I'll look into making the web browsers into 'full-type' sets instead of extensions, intergrating some triggers from @onaforeignshore !

@iAmWaldo has made a great new preset with Netflix web functionality and improved Youtube Scripts. I've gotten permission from him to merge!

@Andreas_Hegenberg,

Is this preset eligible to hop into the #setup-preset-sharing:developer-verified-presets category? I’d love to hop into that!

sure, I'll have a deep look at it and then add it.
However if possible please upload it to share.folivora.ai, so I can mark it as developer verified.

Sure, Main reason I drag-to-upload is because that site used to break the preset. Hope it’s fixed now.

I’m falling asleep at the moment though so I’ll do it sometime soon if that’s okay with you.

Thanks for taking a look!