🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

hero2|100%

How would you rate this preset?

Shoot me a rating out of 5!

• 1 - Not for Me
  • 2 - Needs Improvement
  • 3 - Acceptable
  • 4 - Pretty Good
  • 5 - Well Done
  • 6 - Amazing!
0 voters

Thanks for your vote!
If you voted a 1-3, It would be great if you'd comment and told me why! I'm looking to improve.

More BTT from yuuiko

Visit my Profile Page!
For more of my work on this community.

Native Apple Icon Pack for BTT
An icon pack which contains a massive heap of apple's native icons.

[v1.0.2] Better-Touch BTT. For the Preset Pros.
BetterTouchBTT is a preset that you can add to your current whatever you have. It provides touchbar controls for BTT to more easily use and edit BTT. If you're an advanced BTT user, check it out!

Tips and Tricks for making BTT Editing Easier
A post with many tips for making your BTT editing much better. Learn how to copy/paste multiple items, make the advanced config panel faster and etc.

3 Likes

Whoa man, this looks great. As someone who spends half their life in Photoshop, this really catches my eyes.

In your experience, is this faster than using any of the photoshop shortcuts that already exist (or that you can map)? I built a bunch of Photoshop functionality as well, but I found that my KB shortcuts were faster to use.

EDIT: Also, how the heck did you make those longer "backgrounds" on your buttons??

2 Likes

Can't wait to try this out! Do you have a link to your preset or is it still being prepared?

1 Like

Yes, very, else I wouldn’t have made it XD
e.g. I didnt make pages, numbers and keynote replacements becaus I found they worked quite well, and I made “extensions” for apps that need a litttle boost in functionality but work well with their naitves.

I found that the photoshop controls are quite clunky to use, so I made my own.
Of course, all this is based on what I use, so it hasn’t been tested for what everyone uses.

As my tb design principals state, I don’t introduce useless clutter. Keystrokes that can be remembered and that aren’t used a lot aren’t included.

I do include heavy use tools into the touchbar such as the move tool, so my hands don’t need to go everywhere when I use photoshop. The move tool button also sticks, or persists when hopping into other tool groups, stayig there while you need it.

Quite hard to explain the experience design into this unless it’s field tested by you, but before that I would like to iron it all out and remove my personal private preferences before shipping out a beta.

Thanks for the feedback!

Awesome, can't wait to test it out!

Also - I figured out how you did the icons with larger boxes. Clever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Help me add more functionality to BTT by heading over to feature requests and voting some cool suggestions!

eheh I kinda spam that forum...
I do want the ability to assign to spotlight though... quick launcher on spotlight... aaaahh

*those are not all posts from me. I sinply replied to them.

How do you manage to keep a group open when you change from one app to another and come back to the previous one?

Could you explain your situation more?

I am trying to do the same you're doing but for Lightroom, right now I have two groups, library and develop, and it's horrible when you switch for lets say chrome and go back to lightroom and your group is closed, did you find a way to manage that with the other adobe apps? or do you suggest something/another approach?

Keeping groups open while switching apps will soon be possible.

2 Likes

@yuuiko are you any closer to releasing a beta? Personally I really want to try out integrating this into my preset since I use Photoshop heavily... I'd even take an alpha, I bet I could figure things out from there. If you don't want it released, you could DM it to me?

1 Like

persocon

No, my preset does not have this functionality (at the moment)

I didn't seem to realise this as an issue, haha~
i guess it would be convenient if they stayed open

GoldenChaos (and eveybody else)
I'm quite busy with schoolwork so expect very long delays.

A glimpse on it's condition:
Currently I'm just refining up the buttons and layouts as some sections where done on a whim and are very messy. Also I still have my personal buttons and things in here so gotta remove those

After that i'd need to figure out how to package this all in a neat way, with clear instructions on how to install (3rd party scripts and extensions, e.g. the game mode monitoring, etc.)

so yeh, It still has a lot of crude stuff going on.

GoldenChaos, I'll try send an 'alhpa' or 'development' copy to you if i get it up to a sendable standard, but don't expect it to come soon as i'm quite busy

thanks!

2 Likes

@yuuiko you target the window itself in a special way with applescript or you just use the keyboard shortcuts from Adobe, for example the [ or ] to increase the brush size

i'm not too literate in scripts, so scripts are currently minimal... I would like to get more scripts in and do fancy stuff, but yeh, i'd need to learn.

An issue is i did change a lot of settings within apps to get the TB actions to match up with the app's keystrokes, and I don't quite remember the defaults or how to get others to set the same thing.

I think it would be great if some community improvements could be made as I feel it lacks polish in some areas that I wouldn't know how to implement an improvement, so when I get something up I would appreciate some help. Also about this, I don't regularly use some of the pro apps so button suggestions are appreciated!

Also, I'm still getting used to the whole 'how BTT works'

1 Like

Just a heads up, I've (attempted to) upload the preset for use.

It's my first time uploading and I have a messy feeling about it all right now, but hopefully it is testable.

Thanks for your support!

Questions:

Does anybody know how to make a group appear while spotlight is shown?

Is there a way to toggle BTT's 'show macOS controls' option via a button action? (for game mode)

I'm not too strong in code and applescript, by the way, but i have a basic understanding of it, and i'm open to expanding this understanding.

You can use the "Toggle BetterTouchTool Touch Bar" action and assign it to a keyboard shortcut or button :slight_smile:

It's currently not possible to detect spotlight (might be in the future)

I've tried this method, but getting it to close properly is quite a pain.

It won't disappear with cmd+space. I tried making a 'close spotlight' button within that menu, but it will open spotlight if the user closes it using cmd+space. In this preset it would be used for the quick launcher currently assigned to the finder, which is not optimal.

Also while you're reading this @Andreas_Hegenberg, Is there a way to toggle the 'macOS control strip' setting?
Maybe make a new 'set BTT setting' action.
This would be used for game mode.

Heads up, there's a huge update coming!

This update rids the left side 'X' while keeping the control strip, and integration Widgets from GoldenChaos-BTT! (thanks to @GoldenChaos!)

I've also done a heap of design tweaks and expanded on various apps. Here are only some of the many changes!

I'm still sifting through for bugs, also some of the new elements are still being integrated into all apps. I hope I can release it soon! I hope this preset will be helpful to you.

1 Like

Changelog

New Features

1 Like

Hello @yuuiko, I'm on latest version of BTT and I've configured settings as described in Aqua Info, but nothing happens .. I'm only able to use gestures, but no buttons/icons appears on my bar .... Where am i wrong? :confused: Thanks