applescript widgets flakey in recent updates

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
After updating recently, the spotify widget i'd made myself and have been using the past year without suddenly started disappearing frequently. sometimes button would remain with no icon, sometimes button disappeared altogether. i rolled back to 3.217 and it's back to normal, so its definitely tied to later versions. was something changed in how buttons can have their content modified by an applescript?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
touch bar.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2018 Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    confirmed broken - 3.324, confirmed working - 3.217

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
btt_spotify_2.scpt.zip (3.4 KB)

Could you send me an export of your preset? (andreas@folivora.ai) So far I haven't heard of issues with the Apple Script widgets in the current versions. Maybe it's some specific setting.