Here we go, Apple Sidecar.
I tested the hell out of it, it's cool and it actually works for once.
Now, BTT seems to have an odd behaviour with it, explained below, I think it's a BUG rather than a misusage.
Correct me if wrong...
- If you have BTT active in a vanilla mode (is open always, few buttons etc configured). Make sure you have few buttons visible only when Command is pressed!
- Then open Sidecar either in sync or separate screen (you need an iPad for this)
- Make sure your Sidecar is configured to show the touch bar
- Check the BTT is not replacing Sidecar's TouchBar at all, instead, native Apple touch bar is used
- Press the sidecar's sidebar "Command" button to see that your actual BTT in the mac, reacts to that!
- Use the sidecar's Touchbar to actually do things on your mac: works as well, EVEN if on your mac the actual BTT is removing those features just used in the sidecar's touch bar.
I guess there will be some updates coming?
Other than that BTW BTT+Catalina seems to do just fine.
Better than before, I feel more battery and until now, touch wood, no crashes.
Would be cool we could use BTT to also customize to the sidecar's touchbar...