Apple Script and select all in new UI

I'm kinda super pissed right now.

• Have Apple Script Widget opened and the script in the overlaying window
  • Hit ⌘A to select it all
  • For some reason the window was not selected, so click somewhere in the window and hit ⌘A again
  • The script is selected, now paste the script you desire (I needed to replace a script from one apple widget with something I wrote in the Script Editor)
  • Close the window and find that all of your Apple Script widgets now have the script you just pasted into one window
  • ⌘Z not possible (of course, it's not fun otherwise)

This is how my Touch Bar looked before

And now, mail icons everywhere (my script should display that icon)

After I checked, the script that displays the mail icon is in literally every apple script widget, replaced the original scripts.

Man, you need to fix the priorities of your windows!!

v.2.839 on a MacBook Pro 15" 2019 running macOS 10.14.5

0 Likes

Undo should work, however every element counts as one undo operation, so you will need to press it many times.

Alternatively try the new help => restore backup :wink:

Maybe I'll run the script window modally, although that would loose some flexibility.

1 Like

The script window is now running modally in v2.841 (will be online in a few minutes), at least for now. Maybe I'll be able to add a better solution in the future

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It's not the first time that my triggers are selected instead of the script, or that I can't paste something because the script window isn't considered "frontmost", but I just realized how easy it is for one to make a great mess if you do not pay attention :slightly_smiling_face:
Luckily I'm into backups and have multiple of them :wink:

Thanks for the reply and work in the late evening!

0 Likes

I press the Export button so many times the text is wearing off. Ever have a professor shut down the network and all computers while you were working? You learn to save frequently...

0 Likes

Maybe an Auto-TEMP-Export feature would be a nice Idea :bulb:

If I could set a filename for Auto-Export (Not overwriting my preset file), might be a nice safety net. I too lost about 30 minutes of work in BTT due to a bug.

I normally save/export every 5 minutes when editing preset, but may help some people.

1 Like