App Specific toolbar shows partial button from Global toolbar

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
I have a Global toolbar set up, as well as an App Specific toolbar for the Preview application which is used to simplify my own workflow. Global is displayed always, but when I switch to the Preview app, the App Specific buttons do show up, however, part of one of the buttons from the Global toolbar also appears and is active. See screenshots section below for additional text.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touchbar only.

Screenshots
Global Toolbar:

App Specific Toolbar (for the Preview app):

As you can see above, on the far right, the AirPods Pro icon is visible even though it is not defined in the App Specific toolbar for the Preview app.

Screenshot of the App Specific config for Preview app:

As you can see, the AirPods Pro icon is not identified anywhere in the App Specific toolbar. Why is it showing up?

Device information:
- Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
- macOS version: Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)
- BetterTouchTool version: 3.510

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Is it in the Global section?
Global would mean it is available in all apps.

I thought the Global section applies across all apps, UNLESS a BTT App Specific toolbar is created?? If what you said is true though, i would expect to see all of my global buttons/widgets when I am in the specific application, and that is not the case either.

On the AirPods widget, at the bottom are checkboxes for 'Always Show' and 'Show in any Group'
Maybe you need to uncheck these.

On mine, everything to the right of the App Icon (Safari in this case) is always visible. I achieved this by putting them in Global and checking those boxes.

1 Like

I am an idiot. :smile: You got it. Removing this checkbox fixed it. :smile:

1 Like

Not an idiot... with as much custom options as we have in BTT there is a lot. It is easy to overlook any of the options. That's why this community is awesome

1 Like