App crashes on latest Monterey 12.5 beta 5

Works for me both 809 and 810. But as you've mentioned, I have some sequences in Keybord Shortcuts Action which doesn't work. And also noticed, that after I've opened app for a couple of times it stopped working again on 810.

UPD: After it stopped working, even after restart it doesn't work anymore (810)

UPD2: After running command it works again

3.809 & 3.810 still did not work. 3.810 is now working after issuing the console command.

This latest macOS build just seems broken, and I think we'll just have to wait for Apple to fix it.

If you repeatedly run the following script in Script Editor, after three times it'll error out saying error "Messages got an error: Connection is invalid." number -609 — the same -609 that is affecting Hook.

tell application "Messages" -- or any other app except Script Editor itself
	launch
end tell

Happens with JavaScript too. So definitely some kind of problem with whatever underlying system macOS uses to do runtime scripting of applications.

Hi all, I ended up reverting back to the beta 4 version as this one was stable. I downloaded the full installer of the B4 version and launched the install. Took a while obviously, but now everything works as it should.

For those wondering, I followed the instructions from a lad who was facing the same issue and downloaded the installer from apple, and the link can be found here : macOS 12 Monterey Full Installer Database. Download Directly from Apple!

The person who did this had to log out of the messages app and log back again to sync messages, so did I. Here is their first post : about reverting : Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of macOS Monterey 12.5 to Developers | MacRumors Forums

As always it's a good idea to have a fresh backup of your data.

Good luck guys !

1 Like

glad that worked! However I strongly believe Apple will fix this in 1-2 days. Non-functional Apple Script affects many users in one way or the other.

2 Likes

I certainly hope so !
But still, I can't wait that long with my workflow being crippled.
Even using Excel or Word is not " smooth " and I can't afford to loose more time. I don't have a valid reason to be in the beta anymore… I joined to enjoy macOS Monterey before the crowd did, but I should have left the beta program 6 month ago. Since everything was smooth I forgot that betas are betas for a reason. Anyhow thanks for jumping in and trying your best to fix what you could.

2 Likes

Yes! I'm a SpamSieve user (Michael Tsai) and it also stopped working after updating to beta 5.

This version (1952) worked on my M1 Mac Mini, and I was able to program all of the buttons on my Logitech mouse with no problems.

Thanks, 3.10 works for me!

Came here for a solution. Can also confirm 3.10 is working on 12.5 beta. Hopefully Apple comes with a structural solution soon.

Thank you! -609 dialog box is annoying, but BTT is working.