After sleep, global touchbar widgets are not visible

bumped to 2.654 -> I'll send you logs at the end of the day, once I use my mac a little bit :slight_smile:

Also moved to 2.654. Thanks for the quick update. FWIW - The backlight sleep did't help, started this morning having to toggle BTT. Moving back to my "normal" settings to test the new alpha.

2.654 seems to be working. Touch Bar is showing up when the computer wakes. Mildy annoying however in that any time the display sleeps, BTT restarts and it won't let me type while it does so.

Also been working all day for me, no issues of BTT not showing on touchbar after sleep. As @Doa said though, it does seem like it is restarting on every wake, not just showing though.

So far, I have only noticed one time that the Touch Bar didn't show properly, but it reset itself right as I notices and all is well. Tentatively - it seems to be working :slight_smile:

Work perfectly after upgrade to v2.654!

Awesome! Glad the new workaround is helping.
I have streamlined that a bit, so the restart should be a little bit smoother in v2.656 alpha!

I'll report the issue to Apple, so it will hopefully be back to the pre-mojave behavior with macOS 10.14.2

1 Like

so far so good on my end!

I saw the auto-reset too after the latest update!

@Andreas_Hegenberg could you perhaps consider the new solution that works for everyone to be optionally disable-able? I mean a checkbox that'd allow to turn it off would be great, because in my case it used to work OK even pre 2.654 and current approach is noticably slower (I mean, the time between full boot after restart lasts about 2secs in my case, and during that time I cannot do anything that requires BTT).

Also when this gets fixed (hopefully) in next mojave release, perhaps this could be helpful then? To just use the native solution?

Resolved for me! No more issues over the last week since installing V2.660. Thanks for working so hard on this head scratcher :slight_smile:

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg, do you know if the new release of MacOS 10.14.2 fixes the wake notification bug that you reported? And if so, do you anticipate updating BTT to revert to the previous design (which seemed to be a bit more seamless in terms of launching upon wake). Thanks!

I have not checked yet, but if it is fixed I'll revert to the old solution!

I am still getting this issue and I'm on 3.200 and Catalina.

Still getting some variant of this on Mojave. When waking from prolonged sleep, the BTT touch bar doesn't show. I have to restart it manually every morning – but once I do, it stays active the whole day. Short sleeps don't cause this.

"Restart BTT after wake" is enabled, I have tried without as well.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.209

Additional info:

These are my macOS touch bar settings:
21%20AM

Here are my BTT settings:
Default.bttpreset (224.9 KB)

I'm getting the same behaviour on Mojave; after long/short sleeps
I don't have a touch bar, but it's been quite annoying that I can't connect with BTT remote until re-activating BTT.

Describe the bug
BTT doesn't re-activate after sleep until explicitly focused or opened.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2013 Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.209

Additional information:

I've tried flipping the "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" option, it says it's ON; even after I try turning it off it's set back to ON when I check the menu again.

I know there've been many versions of this bug posted already, but I'm on the most recent version of BTT and I'm still experiencing it. It's especially annoying when using my mac as a media station because I have to manually restart BTT before I can use BTT remote.