A standard set of responsive, energy efficient widgets (volume / brightness / calendar / timer / world clock / git)

Ah YES! That did it. I can't believe I made such a little (and stupid) mistake. Thank you for having the patience to help me. I will put some time into studying the code and maybe learning a bit and helping you in return.

Got any last tips on were to begin with objective-c on MacOS?

Thanks in advanced.

1 Like

Glad we could solve the issue :slight_smile:

Most of my Obj-C experience comes from iOS actually, but if youā€™re new to the language or frameworks Stanfordā€™s course(s) is always a good place to start.

git up is died, try to use the fork app

btw, are you planing to add vpn support?

Didnā€™t realize that GitUp wasnā€™t being maintained. Fork looks promising, thanks for the tip.

What in particular are you looking for in VPN support? Itā€™s not something I use multiple times during my workflow (Iā€™m usually on some intranet already), but perhaps @GoldenChaos could create a compatible widget.

would be nice to see indicator is VPN connected or not and connect to it on tap

I see, thanks for clarifying. @GoldenChaos any chance you could implement this (or perhaps already have)?

Using a VPN is also not a part of my daily workflow. Are we talking about support for a particular VPN app or service?

I'm sure I could make this, but I just don't really know anything about VPN services :stuck_out_tongue:

I think he means the system VPN client and status similar to what can be shown in the menu bar. But Iā€™ll let him clarify.

Is it just be, the Calendar widget is not working properly these days? It seems the eventkit-service is running but it always says that I have "No upcoming meetings" and Im not sure why this is happening.

You might need to pull the latest controller scripts. There was a bug I fixed recently regarding services not starting after macOS restarts.

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried the latest commit, but still it didn't work. I have tried re-setting up the preset but it didn't work so maybe i have to reinstall BTT, or something is wrong with the BTT Webserver or my Calendar.

Some steps to debug:

1. If you delete the folder ~/.btt/eventkit-service and restart BTT does it work?
  2. If you run $ prep eventkit-service in Terminal do you see a pid number?
  3. Have you specified custom calendar names to check? If you run $ echo "${BTT_EVENTKIT_CALENDAR_NAMES}" do you see what you expect?
  4. It shouldnā€™t make a difference, but what version of BTT and macOS are you running?

I was somehow able to solve that issue...! Caused by my stupid mistakes, 1, the service-runner.sh script wasn't executed because the action was not visible for some reason. 2nd, I had to change the BTT Webserver address, http to https. Sorry I messed up the thread, and thank you sooo much!

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: Glad you got it working.

@andrewchidden - can you expand on what may or may not work for your presets in BTT v2.6xx? I understand it may not be so simple to say preset X or Y won't work, but perhaps it is. I'd also understand if it's just better to downgrade to ensure full compatibility.

I'm curious before diving in. I would like to use (many of) your presets, though there are a couple features introduced since 2.6xx that I really like too.

Thanks for any guidance!

I believe itā€™s mostly appearance things that will break, per another personā€™s comment above. Iā€™m planning on upgrading later this week if BTT seems stable enough (I canā€™t help but feel the last few releases have been a bit flaky) and export then.

If youā€™d like to start using the preset with v2.6xx right away, Iā€™d recommend trying to either:

1. Directly import into v2.6xx. If you see weird backwards compatibility issues w.r.t. visual glitches, then remove the preset.
  2. Import into v2.536, quit, then open v2.6xx. The preset should show up correctly in v2.6xx.
1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I likely won't have time until the end of the week myself, so perhaps your update and my schedule will align. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I'll try one of your suggested approaches. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help, and all the good work!

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates. Iā€™ve actually been fixing some bugs and improving performance in control strip services, but havenā€™t had enough time to finish updating the tests. Hoping to push something this week.

I certainly appreciate the update, but please don't apologize! I am just grateful you're willing and able to share your skills in developing these presets (and I'm sure everyone else here agrees). Plus, it sounds like you're working away on them, and doing a properly thorough job of it.

I will say I am kind of excited and looking forward to your update. Despite my other thread about wanting a simpler version, the more I've used and tinkered with BTT, the more I really like your complete workup.

I haven't had much time myself to try your suggestions above, so I'm just continuing to live with my cobbled-together touch bar. :wink:

Thanks again. Looking forward to your updates.

I'm interested in how this keeps the power consumption low?