3-finger swipe stops working after sleep

I've had this happen for a long time and multiple version updates haven't fixed it over time. One of my favorite shortcuts I made is trackpad 3-finger swipe up (goes to end of page) and 3-finger swipe down (goes to beginning of page). This works for a while, but if I close the lid and come back after a while (usually a day) it stops working. BTT is running (I see the icon), but no matter what, eventually it stops working (Chrome, Firefox, etc). If I open BTT UI or restart BTT, it starts working again. Of course a fresh reboot works too, but the bug always comes back. Like I said, it's been going on for many many months and I've had many OS updates, app updates.

14" MacBook Pro 2021. MacOS Monterey 12.6. Trackpad.

• BetterTouchTool version: 3.870 (and earlier)

Yes same here. I have 3-fingers swipe up and down set (to different actions than yours) and after sleep, they're not working. What's weird is that my 4-fingers swipe actions usually work fine. And after I use them, then 3-fingers swipe start working too.

I have "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" checked in advanced settings, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

1 Like

I'm having the same problem with 3 finger gestures and my Magic Mouse. It's been going on for over a month with Ventura and always the latest version of BTT installed. Several times a day my 3 finger gestures stop working, but restarting BTT fixes the problem. It seems that in the morning after an overnight sleep 3 finger gestures work. I also find that selecting "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" does not solve the problem. I even did a complete removal of BTT with AppCleaner and reinstalled, but no change. Has anyone identified the cause or a fix for this problem?

M1 Mac Mini, MacOS Ventura 13.2.1, BTT 4.067, Version 1 Magic Mouse.

Same here:

• 3-finger gestures (trackpad) sometimes stop working after waking up from sleep
  • no other gestures are affected, as far as I can tell
  • have "Restart BTT after wake up from sleep" checked

M1 14" MacBook Pro, Monterey 12.6.3, BTT 4.272