2.687 changed the "stick to the right side of the touch bar" behaviour

Describe the bug
The 2.687 version inverted the order of "stick to the right" items between "global" and "app specific" configs.

I have some global "right" widgets (date, mic) and an app right widget (a script showing which git branch is currently checked out).

Before the last update the global "stick to the right" widgets would always show up last (desired behaviour) and now when I'm in IntelliJ (the app for which the other "stick to the right" button is configured) it does not anymore (cf screenshot).

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch bar

Screenshots
Before (:slight_smile:)

After (:frowning:)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
  • macOS version: 10.14.2 (18C54)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.687 (992)

You can use the "display order" field in every trigger to define its order. (Higher values are further right)

Excellent, thanks for the very fast reply!

Any chance this could rely on order in the list? Drag and drop feels far more simple than re-assigning all these values with each touchbar edit.

They do that already (if display order is set to nothing or 0). The described issue only appears when mixing Global and App Specific triggers or when using groups that are merged in.

@David_Palita just wondering how you managed to get the current checked out git branch working? I'm trying to build something similar with the BTT shell script but having a hard time figuring out how to get the current zsh/bash context into BTT. For example git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD only says "not a git repository."

It's just a hack as I ran into the same problem as you : I first cd into the directory of the main project I'm working on then use git rev-parse.
There may be a way to find which project IntelliJ is open and its path but I didn't spend much time digging...

1 Like